Thursday, April 4, 2019

Curve Ball !

You know that feeling when something you've been waiting for for a long time is about to finally be, happen, arrive ?  Yesterday I was super-crazy-excited, can't wait excited...only to have a freight train of a curve ball knock me over today. And immediately after said ball tried to ruin me, I was driving home, absolutely gutted and it hit me, the moment I've been bracing for, the excuse, my reason to drink. BUT it seems that having a booze free week and feeling great because of it and having words from a book on recovery swimming in my head, (thank you Clare Pooley!)  have done wonders because I was able to tell those thoughts to piss off. I was able to counteract my own automatic thinking with a mindful response and here I am safe in bed feeling proud as punch. Yes I'm upset but I'm super relieved I haven't smuggled a bottle of wine into bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment