Monday, April 8, 2019

Day Five

I'm commanding myself not to panic because if I do I'm not sure I'll stay sober. Recent events have rocked me to the core but they have also launched me back into sobriety. If I was to drink now with my emotions and resilience being as they are, turbulent and low, I am afraid of what I might do. So I will continue to tell myself not to panic. I will continue to tell myself to seek stillness and breathe myself calm. I will not panic. The sky is not falling, I'm not homeless and my children are safe. I will not panic. There is a verse in the bible that says, Be still and know that He is God. While I don't consider myself a thriving Christian, I'm broken at best, I do believe in a God who loves me completely so I will not panic, I will be still and know...

No comments:

Post a Comment